These comps were designed to fit the countour of the 2.0 Full Size M&P slide and to appear as an extension of the slide. The changes made in the configuration of the slide have been added to the "new" CARVER comp. The compensators are made out of tough 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum and have Type 2 anodizing in two colors: Black and Silver.
Benefits of this compensator include:
- Large expansion chamber leading into 1 retaining port
- Porting on the sides, allows more air to rush into the compensator, pushing more exhaust up, allowing more control of the muzzle
- Comp weight 1.1 oz
- Guiderod channel under compensator
- Controls muzzle flip and recoil up to 40% dependent upon type of ammunition used. The higher power factors will deliver more efficiency.
- Stylish and effective!!
- Excellent for IPSC, Steel Challenge or "fun" shooting
- The 2 Port Comp is recommended when shooting minor handloads or factory ammunition sucha as 9MM 115 grain.
The comps are threaded for 1/2 x 28 tpi barrels. Though they will fit an M&P threaded barrel that's intended for a suppressor, we recommend the use of a shorter barrel that will allow the compensator to snug up to the end of the slide. Recommended length for Pro M&P threaded barrels 4.655". We stock custom barrels for the M&P that will fit with the compensator. We stock custom barrels for the M&P that will fit with the compensator. If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email. Please note that the barrels for the "non" 2.0 Full Size models will fit the 2.0 Full Size models.
Compensators will fit the following 9MM Smith & Wesson 2.0 models:
- 2.0 M&P Full Size
When using the CARVER Custom compensator system, you will need to use a lighter recoil spring to compromise the slide speed since the compensators are so efficient. The comp will reduce the amount of energy normally utilized by the slide to recycle. Springs recommended with CARVER comps are:
- 11-12 lb spring for soft 9MM ammunition up to 130K PF Recoil springs
- 12-13 lb spring for +P 9MM ammunition up to 150K PF
NOTICE: 115 Grain Factory ammunition will function the slide properly when using our 2 Port Comp. The compensator is so efficient that the use of an 11 lb spring is recommended.