CARVER Custom 9MM 2 port compensator for your M&P. These comps were designed to fit the countour of the Pro or L M&P slide and to appear as an extension of the slide. The compensators are made out of tough 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum and have Type 2 anodizing in two colors: Black and Silver.
Benefits of this compensator include:
- Large expansion chamber leading into 1 retaining port
- Porting on the sides, allows more air to rush into the compensator, pushing more exhaust up, allowing more control of the muzzle
- Comp weight 1.1 oz
- Guiderod channel under compensator
- Controls muzzle flip and recoil up to 40% dependent upon type of ammunition used. The higher power factors will deliver more efficiency.
- Stylish and effective!!
- Excellent for IPSC Major or minor loads
The comps are threaded for 1/2 x 28 tpi barrels. Though they will fit an M&P threaded barrel that's intended for a suppressor, we recommend the use of a shorter barrel that will allow the compensator to snug up to the end of the slide. Recommended length for Pro M&P threaded barrels 5.45". We stock custom barrels for the M&P that will fit with the compensator. We stock custom barrels for the M&P that will fit with the compensator. If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email.
Compensators will fit the following 9MM Smith & Wesson models:
- M&P Pro
- M&P L
When using the CARVER Custom compensator system, you will need to use a lighter recoil spring to compromise the slide speed since the compensators are so efficient they are reducing the amount of energy normally utilized by the slide to recycle
- 11-12 lb spring for soft 9MM ammunition up to 130K PFRecoil springs recommended if using factory ammunition or equiavalent.
- Major loads will require heavier springs such as a 14-16lb.
NOTICE: 115 Grain Factory ammunition will function the slide properly when using our 2 Port Comp with a 5" Pro model. The longer slide requires more energy to function the slide. The compensator is so efficient that the use of an 11 lb spring is recommended.